Roland A-88 MKIIRegular price $1,399.99
A Command Center for Your MIDI Ecosystem
The Roland A-88 MKII brings the superior responsiveness of Roland's PHA-4 keybed to the world of keyboard MIDI controllers. On top of its incredible piano-like feel, the A-88 MKII provides many assignable knobs, pads, and program controls, to give you access to all of the functionality of your favorite virtual instruments and analog noisemakers. Bus-powered over USB-C with USB-MIDI and 5-pin DIN I/O, the A-88 MKII is well suited for hybrid studios and integrates seamlessly with your DAW of choice. The included control app, which makes a cakewalk of assignment mapping, is impressive. And, the A-88 is durably constructed with an attractive look that will add some pizzazz to your creative space.
Roland PHA-4 keybed, with escapement and ivory-feel keys
When you put your fingers on the A-88 MKII's keyboard, you will be immediately struck by its sensitive, natural response. That's no surprise given it's equipped with Roland's renowned PHA-4 keybed, which features weighted escapement and ivory-feel keys, for an immersive playing experience that draws out expressive performances. You can fine-tune the A-88 MKII's sensitivity and responsiveness to complement your playing style. And, it sits in a slim, robustly built housing, sized for home and project studios.
Ample control over your hardware synths and virtual instruments
The modern production environment relies on a combination of virtual and real-world instruments, with software and analog synths living side by side, along with orchestral software, drum programs, and a bevy of music-making technologies. Having a reliable and full-featured controller at the center of your production environment streamlines your workflow, clearing away obstructions to your creative process. The A-88 MKII is designed to occupy that role with a selection of critical controls that are intuitively configured, including eight assignable pads and eight assignable control knobs, an onboard arpeggiator, keyboard split selection, octave up and down, push-button transposition, pitch/mod wheel, 3-customizable key zones, and a number of program controls. So, you'll have what you need to get the most out of your MIDI instruments.
Included app simplifies mapping assignments
The A-88 MKII includes a powerful control app for macOS and Windows that lets you fully customize its pads, knobs, and program controls. Assignments are simple to execute, and your mapping is clearly displayed for at-a-glance reference. The control app also allows you to send custom colors to the A-88 MKII according to your personal color-coding preferences. And, you can save multiple configurations for instant recall with the Snap Shot function.
Roland A-88 MKII Keyboard Controller Features:
- 88-key Keyboard control with Roland PHA-4 keybed
- Ivory-feel keys with piano-like responsiveness and sensitivity
- Durably constructed slim enclosure built with wood and premium materials
- Numerous onboard controllers, including 8 pads, 8 control knobs, Pitch/Mod wheel, and program controls
- Three customizable key zones and a built-in arpeggiator
- MIDI connectivity via USB-MIDI and 5-pin DIN I/O; bus-powered via USB-C
- Included control app for recallable assignment mapping
- Type:Keyboard Controller
- Number of Keys:88
- Type of Keys:PHA-4 Keybed with Escapement, Fully-weighted
- Velocity Sensitive:Yes
- Pads:8 x RGB Pads
- Other Controllers:Pitchbend/Mod Lever
- Encoders/Pots:8 x Assignable Knobs
- Zones:Lower, Upper1, Upper2
- Presets:8 x User Presets
- Pedal Inputs:1 x 1/4" (damper), 2 x 1/4" (assignable)
- MIDI I/O:In/Out/USB, MIDI 2.0 support
- USB:1 x USB-C
- Computer Connectivity:USB
- Features:Arpeggiator, Chord Memory
- Power Supply:9V DC power supply (may be required depending on device USB port) / USB bus power
- Weight:35 lbs. 15 oz.