Roland SE-02Regular price $699.99
Raw Power. Vintage Sound.
The SE-02 represents a collaborative effort by Roland and Studio Electronics, the company behind innovative synth modules such as the Omega 8, Boomstar, and Tonestar. The SE-02 is a 3-oscillator analog monosynth module with discrete analog circuitry that delivers massive vintage tone courtesy of three voltage-controlled oscillators, a voltage-controlled 24dB lowpass filter, and a dual-gainstage amplifier. The oscillators are temperature-stabilized with automatic tuning to keep them from drifting. To give you expressive hands-on control over this impressive firepower, the Roland SE-02 features a command center packed with high-grade knobs and switches, plus a fully featured 16-step sequencer.
Killer classic and modern synth sounds
The SE-02 sounds big and vibrant, with beefy lows and clear, vivid highs. You can take this synth beyond basic analog with three types of cross-modulation, a filter feedback loop, a multi-mode LFO with nine waveforms, envelope inverting and sweeping, oscillator sync, a noise generator, and digital delay. For your instant gratification, there are 384 pro-crafted programmed presets that cover a broad range of classic and modern sounds. When you're ready to roll up your sleeves and dive in, you can tweak to your heart's content and store your custom patches in any of 128 available user-memory slots.
Add dimension and motion to your music
The SE-02 sports a fully featured 16-step sequencer to add dimension and motion to your sound. Patch number, per-step gate time, adjustable glide, and tempo are stored with every sequence. Creative performance options let you set scale, direction, first/last step, and shuffle mode. Onboard memory is available for 128 sequence patterns and 16 songs : each with up to 16 parts. There are many fiercely loyal Roland and Studio Electronics fans. It all comes together in one value-packed synth: the SE-02!
Roland SE-02 Analog Monosynth Module Features:
- 3 voltage-controlled oscillators
- Voltage-controlled 24dB lowpass filter
- Dual-gainstage amplifier
- Fully featured 16-step sequencer
- 1-voice polyphony
- 384 Preset Patches (128 x 3 banks)
- User memory: 128 (Patch), 128 (Pattern), 16 (Song)
- External input for routing outside sources through the SE-02's filter section
- Standard MIDI and USB-MIDI, plus USB-Audio for A/D signal processing
- MIDI sync available for LFO, delay, and sequencer timing
- CV inputs for pitch and filter frequency
- Gate input for connecting hardware sequencer
- Trigger In and Out
- Type: Synth Module
- Analog/Digital: Analog
- Pads: 16 x multi-function buttons
- Polyphony: Monophonic
- Presets: 384 presets, 128 user locations
- Oscillators: 3 x VCO (6 waveforms)
- Sequencer: 16-step, 128 patterns, 16 songs
- Analog Inputs: 1 x 1/8" (external)
- Analog Outputs: 1 x 1/8" (mix out), 1 x 1/8" (headphones)
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
- Other I/O: Trigger in/out, CV in, Gate in, VCF CV in
- USB: 1 x Micro-B
- Power Supply: 9V DC 2A power supply (included)
- Height: 1.81"
- Width: 11.81"
- Depth: 5.06"
- Weight: 2 lbs. 2 oz.